Saturday, June 1, 2013

Stink And The Freaky Frog Freakout

Stink and the Freaky Frog Freakout
by Megan McDonald
Rating: 5 of 5 stars

My Review:
My kids loved this book. There weren't a whole lot of pictures in this book, so I'd say for independent readers it's probably more for late second/early third grade. It was slightly more content than my seven year old wanted to read on his own, but both boys (7 and 4) sat for the whole story and talked about it for ages.

My kids don't have the fantasy/realism figured out yet, so they do really believe that Stink was turning into a frog. Actually, I take that back. They're convinced that Stink really did get the characteristics of a frog (just like Spiderman). This book convinced my older son that he should get better at swimming. And my younger son took away that if Stink can learn to dunk his head, then so can he.

I love that in each book Stink is able to overcome some issue or resolve some problem. Each one has convinced my kids that they can tackle something that has previously been scary. I'm sure this one will be read multiple times as each of my boys become more independent readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment