Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bedding The Wrong Brother

by Virna DePaul
Rating: 4 of 5 stars


My Review:
After getting a free Kindle book by this author, I saw this one which looked much more interesting than the free one so I bought it at the same time. I really liked Melina and Rhys in this story. They have a shared history and the backstory is filled in early enough that we're not left guessing about why characters are reacting in certain ways.


They both had to learn to take risks and I appreciated that the author really let the characters sit with their discomfort and figure out if their loving the other person meant they were willing to give up something important to them. There was no easy, quick fix, but Melina and Rhys were each able to debate with themselves in a very natural way to determine what they were willing to compromise on.


I really believed in these two and by the end of the book, you know they're really meant to be together. I liked the solution they came up with to fulfill each of their needs. I would say at the end especially, this book told a little more than showed. A couple things were explained in passing between the two main characters that felt like "here, tie up these loose ends" instead of giving us the full effect by giving us the scenes with a few other characters when everything was hashed out and when we'd learn other people's motivations a bit more. I will definitely keep an eye out for Rhys' twin, Max's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment