Friday, June 21, 2013

All Other Things

All Other Things
by Charlotte Stein
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
My intention had been to read a couple pages of this book just as a teaser before I went to bed. Instead I was up for the next 2+ hours because I just couldn't leave this story.

I would liken this book to one of those artsy photos with the haze around the edges. The middle of the picture is awesome, but you don't see much of anything outside the middle. You don't find out too much about the characters' motivations, their jobs, their personalities or even much of their looks outside the bounds of the scenario their involved in. But I don't mind. The growth of the characters is so well written and it's fun to live in fantasyland for a little while.

Bea is married to Tommy and loves him but is also attracted to Kieran. She wouldn't do anything about that but then she finds out that Tommy is uncomfortable having sex with her and fantasizes about Kieran being involved. Kieran helps both of them to overcome their shame and go after what they want. But what will happen to Kieran when he's gotten Tommy and Bea to open up?

This wasn't my favorite Charlotte Stein book but it was still awesome and I'm sure I'll read it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment