Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Week To Be Wicked

A Week to be Wicked
by Tessa Dare
Rating: 3 of 5 stars

My Review:
Somehow this book just didn't keep my attention as well as most other Tessa Dare books. It took me a while to get around to reading it. This is book two in the series and I read books one and three ages ago, but I just never felt this one calling to me. With another book in the series being released, I figured it was time to plow through this one first.

Colin is an amusing hero with his own set of emotional angst to deal with. Minerva was a great, independent woman who goes after what she wants academically, but has a bunch of growing to do to develop her confidence.

I was a bit turned off by the start of the book with Colin having another woman in his bed. It left a bad taste in my mind for most of the book, but we are given decent reasons for why he is like that.

I think part of why the charm was missing from this book is that I've liked the town of Spindle Cove so much, but this book was very separate from the town. There was almost no interaction between the townspeople and the H/h because they were traveling for the whole book. It felt like even though it was the next story in line, it actually had almost nothing to do with the rest of the series.

I did really like seeing the lead up for Thorne and Kate's book. I think I'll have to go back and read that one again now that I've seen the beginning of them interacting. Overall, I'm glad I patched up the missing spot in the series and I love Ms. Dare's writing style but I probably won't read this book again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment