Friday, June 21, 2013

Coming Home

Coming Home
by Leslie Kelly
Rating: 3 of 5 stars

My Review:
I've liked a lot of Leslie Kelly books, so I picked this one up when I saw I saw a couple Leslie Kelly books on sale. Writing-wise, I liked the book. I like the way the words are put together.

The story line felt pretty forced though. Everything was based so much on the word choice of the characters. If they would have chosen one different word to say in any of the 10+ conversations they had, the conflict would have been totally different. I wanted to beat my head against a wall multiple times and say "why are you being so stubborn to use that word instead of any other word that would have made this whole issue disappear".

I was invested enough in the characters that I had to finish the book and I was happy they worked everything out, but the conflict was too contrived for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment