Monday, July 15, 2013

The Spy Who Left Me


Another one of my early ones.  I wish I could find a way to write more, but I don't remember much of the story anymore.

The Spy Who Left Me
by Gina Robinson
Rating: 3 of 5 stars

My Review:
I picked this book up as part of Kindle's 100 discounted books per month just because the description looked interesting. It took a while before I got through it. I kept picking it up and reading a little bit every now and then. I was drawn into the story but I felt a lot of pain from the heroine and it made me sad so I'd keep switching over to happy books.

The adventure was interesting and I enjoyed seeing Treflee emerge from her shell a bit and find her power. But book seemed a bit long and it was rough getting to the end.

Everyone still loves each other but the whole super-spy thing means that neither character really got to know the other one.  Once they figure things out and talk, everything was out in the open and they just sort-of move on. It felt complete, but just a bit sad - like the only problem with the relationship was that they hadn't talked to each other about the problems. Then everything is healed with just a little talking and a little time to stop feeling upset.

I'm glad everyone felt good at the end, but it didn't feel like a real relationship that you want to root for.

No comments:

Post a Comment