Monday, July 1, 2013

Officer Off Limits

Officer Off Limits
by Tessa Bailey
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
This was such a fun story. Daniel was so larger than life, he filled up all the pages with his blatant man-whore ways (he calls himself that multiple times). Although Story wasn't a passive spectator, I would say she was pretty often overshadowed by Daniel's presence. Daniel constantly has pet names for Story, like "sunshine" and "gorgeous". It felt like it could have gotten old, but it was so in character for him that I never felt like it detracted from the story. It just added to his over-the-top nature. And I loved that Story called him "trail mix".

This book was full of sex and insta-lust, but again, it went right along with Daniel's character so I didn't feel it was overdone. This book is only about the two main characters. We never really meet any other characters unless they are useful to further the romance. I would have loved to see a little more about Daniel and Story's relationships with their family and friends.

That led to the one part of the plot that just felt a little too forced. Story's father plays a role in bringing Story and Daniel together and I just didn't believe it completely. It fit into the romance plot well and seemed to fit everyone's personalities, but we're told at the beginning of the book that Story and her dad haven't seen each other (and I think haven't talked to each other) in 10+ years. I just had trouble believing - not that you wouldn't keep up with each other's lives somehow, but that you could somehow know and manage people when you have no real relationship with them.

As long as I left that bit of disbelief behind, I enjoyed everything about this book. I'll definitely look for more books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment