Monday, July 1, 2013

No Strings Attached

No Strings Attached
by Nicolette Day
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
I enjoy the stories of friends becoming more and this was a really great incarnation of it. Hayden is getting ready to leave on a trip for her dream job and wants one night of sex before she leaves to prove she's moved on from her ex. Jace has been her best friend for years, but hasn't spoken to her in two weeks (since she announced she's leaving).

Hayden goes to Jace's bar to let loose and pick up a guy, but Jace gets overprotective and keeps the guys away. One thing leads to another and Jace and Hayden get it on and find that they've both been pining for the other.

I was surprised how many times the f-word was used in this book. Seeing that the whole book covers about 18 hours worth of time and most of that time involves something sexual happening, I expected the explicit sex scenes. But after the fourth or fifth f-word, I started noticing more and just feeling surprised because I so rarely hear it said in normal conversation or read in romance novels. The book is so short that I don't feel I knew the hero's character enough to say if he was the type that just generally uses that word in everyday conversation. I didn't notice many other swear words - just this one. So if this is something that bothers you, it's probably not the book for you.

For me, this was a perfect story to spend an afternoon with. I'll keep an eye out for this author's next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment