Saturday, July 6, 2013

Arrested By Love


by Virna DePaul
Rating: 4 of 5 stars


My Review:
This book contains three separate but almost-interconnecting stories. All of the men know each other and are all cops. It's billed as an erotic romance and oh boy, does it have a lot of sex in it. All kinds; exhibitionism, anal, two guys and a girl, etc. Nothing painful and the men are insatiable.


It's a fun fantasyland where the guy(s) do whatever they can to give the girl pleasure. Some of the saying are very poetic, "like a daisy wilting on its stem". Some of them are amusing like "a wonderland of warm cushioned flesh". Some of it didn't work for me, like describing the male anatomy as a "stalk" - it just made me think of broccoli for some reason, which made me laugh.


In terms of story, it felt like each set up was only used to fuel the sex. Like in the first story, the cop is working undercover in a biker gang who mostly deals in sex orgies. Somehow the heroine knows he's working undercover and it was like everyone (good guys and bad guys) knew who everyone else was, but played along anyway. As soon as the couple works out that they belong together, the plot is neatly wrapped up and finished. Find out guy is stalking girl, have lots of sex, arrest bad guy with no incident, "I love you", the end. That's from the second story, but each story uses the setup in exactly the same way.


I spent a free afternoon on each story and didn't feel like I wasted my time - they were all fun daydreams and when I'm in the right mood, I'm sure I'll read each of these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment