Saturday, July 13, 2013

Can't Hurry Love by Christie Ridgeway


This was the first review that I have recorded in my review file.  I don't know exactly when I wrote it, but I know it took a lot of effort.  I'm hoping I can look back at some future point in time and see that my writing and ability to explain things has improved since I started these.

Can't Hurry Love
by Christie Ridgeway
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
I just finished Can't Hurry Love yesterday. I read the first book in the series ages ago but I never read the second book. I didn't feel at all lost reading the books out of order. I felt like I couldn't put the book down. I'm not sure that it'll find a place on my keeper shelf, but I NEEDED to find out what happened. 

The book caught my interest from the beginning and Ms. Ridgeway was really intriguing with the hints of secrets and motivations. This book felt very emotional and I felt drawn in to the story. I enjoyed how the book played out although I felt there were loose ends and a couple things could have used a better explanation. I would have liked to know what Kohl was doing each time he blacked out.

The villain felt flat - I couldn't figure out why he wanted Grace back (especially with him being so superstitious). I also had a hard time accepting that Liam and Jules left their marriage alone for 10 years. It seemed both of them had relationships with other people during those 10 years and especially as we get the backstory on how Liam viewed marriage I just don't see how they could both go on with their romantic lives knowing that they're still married. It also really bothered me that there was no conclusion to how possessive Liam was. I eventually understood where it was coming from, but Jules seemed like way too independent of a person to allow Liam to suspect her of some kind of infidelity each time she talks to a man.


Overall, I liked the book as an engaging story and I've thought about it often since I put it down. But I don't think it'll be one that I read over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment