Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Hostage Bargain by Annika Martin

The Hostage Bargain
by Annika Martin
Rating: 4 of 5 stars


Back Cover Blurb:
When small town girl Melinda Prescott is taken hostage by three hot bank robbers, she quickly discovers that a life of bank heists, luxury hotels, and kinky menages is way more exciting than working on the family farm. She should be scared of her dominating, fierce captors...but there's something wicked inside her that's craving to obey their every dark desire.
Melinda eagerly throws in with her three smoldering fugitives...and realizes little by little that these are no ordinary bank robbers--and that bad guys aren't always what they seem. But will her delicious captors overcome their own demons enough to let her in? And can they fight a conspiracy that's larger than all of them?
My review:
I can't say I'm all that adventurous of a person. No bungee jumping or ski jumps for me. So on the one hand I had a little trouble connecting to this book. It was all about the thrill and the adventure and just letting go. I could understand the feeling of just being pulled along through life and never really doing the things that would make you happy. I connected with Melinda on that level and enjoyed her adventure. So when you're able to completely release the real world and just settle in to enjoy a steamy, sexy read, this was was fun and fulfilling.


It's totally erotica so expect pretty constant steamy, pushing the limits sex all the time. There were three guys and one girl and they try out all kinds of male-dominated kinkiness. Some of the BDSM stuff just wasn't for me. The sense that you just have to trust, even a person you just met, is not something I can get too on board with, but there were never any questions of consent or enjoyment. Everyone had a good time and even when there was some hesitation, it was obvious that no one was being coerced.



Not that I've seen Gone In 60 Seconds, but that's what the book reminded me of. So if you're looking for an adrenaline spiking, wrong side of the law adventure with a lot of kinky sex, look no further.

No comments:

Post a Comment