Monday, January 6, 2014

Asking For Trouble

Asking For Trouble
by Tessa Bailey
Rating: 5 of 5 stars

My Review:
I didn't think there was a way that Daniel and Story could have been knocked off the top-couple-of-the-year for me, but Brett and Hayden are right up there. These two sparked off each other every time they were together. There was still a lot of dirty talking, but Brett and Hayden did so great feeding off each other. Brett wasn't the same sort of dominant personality as Daniel, but Hayden was also a lot more aggressive. I absolutely loved these two together.

Brett and Hayden are so alike personality-wise. They say things at the same time, even when they don't like each other. And a night of Hayden not backing off gets the book off to a really hot start.

They both have some misconceptions about the other and as those start to fall away, they convert their energy into lust for each other. I thought their connection felt very real and I loved that Hayden was this strong, take-no-prisoners personality. Brett takes care of everyone he knows, but doesn't let his friends see that part of him and he's really at loose ends that Hayden doesn't need to be taken care of. He thinks she's this prissy socialite who does nothing all day. She thinks he's an uncouth jerk. They both couldn't be more wrong about the other and it's so great to see each new facet of their lives be exposed to each other and to us.

I don't even think I can file this one on my kindle until after I've read it again. It was just that good. I love Tessa Bailey's writing and so far, I think I love this book best of all. If you love dirty talkers, who are still caring, emotional, and connected to their friends and family, pick up this book and I'm sure, like me, you'll be reading it a couple times in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment