Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Cowboy And The Lady


The Cowboy and the Lady
by Diane Palmer
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
This book was originally published in 1982. I just picked up a reprint at the used bookstore. I like almost all of Diane Palmer's Harlequin-length novels and this one was no different. Sometimes you just need a good 80's soap opera and Diane Palmer is perfect for that. All of anger and passion ping-ponging back and forth throughout the book. I love it.

A lot of Diane Palmer heroes are very hard, but Jace Whitehall was actually a nice guy and a lot of his dialogue was very sweet.

The virgin/whore dichotomy is alive and well in this novel - a tribute to the novel's age and the author's writing style. Any girl that flirts or shows interest means that she's loose and not worthy of respect, but as soon as the hero finds out that she's still "pure" he's so sorry for treating her that way and now he can loose his own passion in a marriage minded way. I can't read these books all the time because this issue is rather annoying to me, but when I feel like ignoring that and watching an 80's soap opera, this is the author I choose.

This wasn't one of my favorite Diana Palmer books but it was a nice couple hours spent reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment