Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Then He Kissed Me

Then He Kissed Me
by Christie Ridgway
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
This is book two in the Baci Sisters trilogy. I read book one first and then book three. There was just something about this book (reading the back cover) that didn't grab my interest initially. I knew I would read it sometime because I like Christie Ridgway books and I knew I'd have to complete the series but it took me a while to get around to it.

Stevie Baci is the middle child, a tomboy and doesn't feel like she fits in with her sisters. She's a closet romantic and doesn't let people in because she doesn't want to be hurt. I really felt for Stevie.

This was a pretty emotional story. It didn't really have any external conflict. I was expecting something external like a kidnapping or something to jolt everyone, but there wasn't anything like that. Everything fell neatly into place at the end - judgmental parents apologized, hero and heroine got over their fear, secondary characters worked out their issues too. For how emotional some of the issues were in this book, the ending felt rather tidy and quick but it was an enjoyable book and I'm glad I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment