Tuesday, December 10, 2013

White Christmas

White Christmas
by Ros Baxter
Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

My Review:
This one looked rather intriguing when I saw it on Amazon preorder for free, so I grabbed it when I had the chance. It's really only about 30 pages, but they were really good. It's set in a post-apocalyptic world with Tabi trapped on a hostile alien world. Another human pilot is shot down/crash lands and Tabi runs to rescue him before the aliens get to him, but it just so happens that this survivor is the guy that left Tabi 10 years ago.

What I liked best about this book was that, even for as short as it was, it gave every relevant detail to make this a complete story without just info-dumping. That little teeny world of Tabi and Asha was perfectly groomed in my mind by the time I was done reading. Did I want more? Sure. But in this case, it'll make me go look up more books by Ros Baxter to see if there's any others set in this same world. I liked the writing style. I liked the strength of the characters and their emotional capabilities. And I'll definitely look for more by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment