Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Down The Aisle

Down The Aisle
by Christine Bell
Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

My Review:
Definitely don't try to read this one if you haven't already read Galen and Lacey's first book: Down For The Count. You'll miss out on way too much of who these characters are if you read this one first. I loved Galen and Lacey in their initial story and I was really happy to see more of them in this short novella.

This was still a sex-filled story, definitely explicit. For a short novella (that does have a prominent storyline), this book has a lot of sex. Galen and Lacey are really hot together, but this time in their lives was rather heartbreaking.

The story really centers around their infertility battle as they get ready to walk down the aisle. I felt the issues and emotions were presented in an authentic manner, but I didn't quite think the story lived up to the back cover. I expected something a little different. The back cover implies that Galen shows Lacey how it doesn't really matter if they have a baby or not, he really wants to be with her no matter what. I understood that throughout the story (because we're in Galen's head a bunch too) and I never felt any doubt about it, but I felt like they got another happy-for-now ending without dealing with the depressed feelings that especially Lacey was having and would have continued if things didn't work out just right.

Not that it was a bad ending or anything. I felt satisfied and confident that they were happy together and that they love being able to journey through life together. It's just didn't seem to actually deal with the sadness in a way the back cover implies.

I was happy for Lacey and Galen that they were able to work things out, but felt like they could have worked through some of the issues they were having as a couple before everything wrapped up so tidily. I felt like they got to a solution without having to grow as a couple. But it was great to revisit them and see their wedding. I'm looking forward to seeing snippets of them in future books set in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment