Friday, September 6, 2013

Intro Post

Bear with me as I get my blog started. My name is Petra.  I love to read, I play the piano when I can, work out and run a bunch of times every week and help out at my kids' schools.  When I can, I clean the house and cook healthy food.

I read almost all romance novels, but every now and then I through in something a little different - self-help, sci-fi, theology, humanities, etc.  I also read a lot with my kids so occasionally I'll have a kid's book review.  Seeing that the kids are four and seven at the moment, we read picture books and early chapter books for now.

I love experimenting with recipes and trying to get more vegetables into my kids.  But I don't usually have much time to cook, so I only make things that go pretty quickly.  I use my Vita-Mix quite a lot, I try to cut down on processed grains and sweets, so I keep my eye open for homemade treats made with healthier ingredients.

I participate in Kaia F.I.T. a couple times a week and I try to run, swim, do yoga, or something like that a couple extra times a week.  It helps my mood a lot and has made me so much stronger than I once was.  I try to give myself a couple physical goals to stay motivated.  I just recently started running one mile in under 10 minutes.  I've been signing up for 5Ks and trying to get my time down on those too.  Maybe one day I'll try to do a half-marathon or something, but it feels like that's a long ways off still.

My hope is to store all my book reviews here, along with whatever else I think of; stuff like recipes, kid stories and other things I've been thinking about. I have a bunch of reviews that I've worked on over the last few years that I will start archiving on here. Some of them are pretty rough, I know. Some are really short or not very informative, but I'm working on it. This has been my way of getting my brain back after having kids. My youngest is now over 4, and I feel like I'm finally starting to get my word-recall powers back.

I hope you enjoy my journey along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment