Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Misbehaving by Tiffany Reisz

Misbehaving
by Tiffany Reisz
Rating: 3 of 5 stars

My Review:
This book was just sort of meh for me. I liked the writing, but I felt like I was missing something. I've heard that this was based around Much Ado About Nothing, which I've never read, so maybe that's what it was. I think it was supposed to be funny or silly and I just didn't catch on to it.

The story seemed so short that it was hard to feel like anything really happened. The main characters were both modern, sexual, consenting adults, with no real issues. The story felt like just a bunch of sex that easily segued into together-forever.

They are rather adventurous in their bed-time antics and pretty much the whole book revolves around their sexuality. Beatriz, being a sex toy reviewer, is open, honest, and willing to try pretty much anything. Seemingly she keeps it all leaning toward the business of pleasure vs. emotional connection, until she reconnects with Ben and they realize they've loved each other forever.

I thought they were nice, levelheaded characters with a good grasp of emotional intelligence. They didn't take themselves too seriously and were open and caring toward each other and their friends. The whole book is less than 2 hours of reading, so when you need a sex-positive taste of fun without much conflict, this was a nice choice. I might read it again sometime and see if it piques my interest a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment