Monday, April 7, 2014

April News and Events

This last month has been so crazy for me. I got back from my trip to Anaheim (where I met Ruthie Knox and Cara McKenna, YAY!) feeling all pumped about writing. I wrote a lot that weekend and before my trip I wrote at least a couple times a week. My husband was great about taking the boys out on the weekends so I could have some silent time, before my trip.

Then when I got back, everyone was sick and it seemed like forever until the coughs went away. Add in some birthday-party-filled weekends, then some more sick, then my husband sprained his ankle. Mix with some school volunteer responsibilities and the resulting soup said NO WRITING TIME. It's pretty frustrating and makes me feel like I'm paying for the time I was away, but that's the way life is right now.

All of that together means I got behind on my reviewing too. Normally I post about three reviews a week, but life was so busy I was barely reading or reviewing anything. I think I'm pretty much caught up and reviews are scheduled out for a couple weeks. I also have a couple more ARCs that I'm about to finish reading, then I'll write reviews, so keep an eye out for my upcoming recommendations.

And because it's what you do when you have no time, I got daring and begged to be included in the First Kiss Blog Hop. On April 13th, you'll be able to read the first publicly accessible story I've ever attempted. I'm joining about 25 other authors in this endeavor. You can check out the schedule here and be sure to click over to read everyone else's stories too.

My story is less than 1500 words, as directed, but I never knew how much time that would take! I wrote it in about two hours, but then editing and thinking took so much longer. Doing that little bit of "finished product" work has given me a little taste of what it'll take to get an actual book written. Boy is it going to be a lot! I haven't been able to get myself back in the groove of working on my other story because I just keep stressing about this one. Once it's active on the 13th, I'm sure it'll be easier to move on, I hope.

So, be sure to check out my blog on the 13th and read my little bit of awesome craziness. I hope you enjoy it. And stayed tuned for more fun and excitement throughout the next weeks and months. I'm pretty sure I'll have excerpts and reviews going up soon for some great books, by all different authors. You don't want to miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment