Monday, March 31, 2014

Out Of The Box by Audra North

Out of the Box
by Audra North
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
When you're looking for a little bit of dirty Matrix-style fun, this is the story for you. It's not that long, maybe an hour's worth of reading but it was raw and gritty and sexual. The setting was so well-done that I was completely transported into this world, with it's gray pods and colorless existence. We only hear the story from Juris' perspective and I felt like it didn't get into the romantic emotions at all. There was well-defined fear, confusion, vulnerability and lust which led to lots of sex and a quick connection to the female lead, but nothing that indicated to me they were in love. This is straight-up erotica at it's best. It pulls you into the story and makes your eyes bug out of your head, but doesn't turn gooshy and romantic. No kinky BDSM in this story, but also not exactly vanilla. There was lots of crazy sex and rampant hormones, plus some adventure and happy endings. I know I'll read this book again.

I received a complementary ARC of this book, with no expectation of a review. I reviewed anyway because I liked it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment