Friday, April 11, 2014

Ripped by Sarah Morgan

Ripped
by Sarah Morgan
Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

My Review:
This was another so-so read for me. I enjoyed it, but it seemed really short. I felt like the heroine went from “I don't want a relationship” to “yep, all set for forever” in just a couple pages with one conversation and the hero was already set from the get-go. So far, that seems to be the nature of these Cosmo Red Hot Reads – not much conflict, really short, sex-positive, all ready for happily-ever-after.

Hayley seemed a little insecure, like she was still looking for a male to validate who she was. She stood taller because Niko saw value in her, because her worth was still smarting from her ex. I felt with the length, we didn't really get to see if she figured out her self-esteem apart from Niko. She has this confident, I'm-going-to-have-a-fling persona, but she's so vulnerable and bashful that we know it's not going to work at all.

Niko was strong and solid, like a broody, passionate billionaire should be. He was quiet and misunderstood, but confident enough to not care. I appreciated how open he was about wanting a relationship. It didn't feel like he needed to grow or anything, the two of them just needed to sort out what they wanted.

There were lots of characters in here standing behind Niko and Hayley and supporting them but it was hard to feel connected to them given the length of the story. It was a nice addition that they had a positive support system, but I felt like I didn't know much about anyone. We don't get a feel for jobs or personalities of any of the characters outside their connection and sexuality.

Right now, it seems like this line of stories hasn't piqued my interest. I've wanted to enjoy them, but I haven't been in the right mindset. I might try this one again sometime when I need a quick, sex-positive, happily-ever-after read and see if it gives me a happy feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment