Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Rescue My Heart

Rescue My Heart
by Jill Shalvis
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
I had to run out to Target on release day to get this book. Jill Shalvis is pretty much on my auto-buy list but I tend to buy her books at Target because her publisher is one of the few that does not discount books on Kindle. This is book three in the Animal Magnetism series.

This is the story of Adam and Holly. We get some snapshots of them throughout the first two books. Lots of details about Adam (because the other books are his brothers') but not too much detail on Holly besides the fact that Adam and Holly don't get along.

I enjoyed the characters in this book and it felt emotionally fulfilling, but it felt really short and I ended the book not feeling like I knew Holly very much. It felt like the only thing we see about her is her interaction with Adam. We hear what kind of work she does but we never see doing work or interacting with anyone in a work setting. It didn't feel like she had any friends or any interests besides Adam. Even the animals, which tended to be stars in the other books, were only on the sidelines of Holly's life. In the first two books, we see how much she dislikes that she has to care for two puppies and in this book the only time she has them near her is when it helps her get closer to Adam.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this book and had some nice laugh out loud moments and some very touching moments too but I wish I got to see more of Holly and get to know her better.

No comments:

Post a Comment