Sunday, October 12, 2014

Two Mia West Stories in One Post!!

Initiation by Mia West
I got so much amusement from this story. It's just a short snippet, but a great way to find out if you like the premise. I found it to be a lot of fun – resourceful, sex-positive female character can time travel through partnered orgasms. The language is course and erotic and let's face it, the book is all about sex. But it's got a fun story and I can't wait to read the rest of the series to see how the story unfolds. This first bit barely introduces the main characters relationship: it's the start of everything and we're just getting a feeling for who they are. This story is written in first person, from the heroine's perspective.


Confined by Mia West
Two characters, working through their pain and looking for solitude, are trapped together by a freak storm in the mountains. It's real and gritty, with lots of sexy moments, some almost tears from me and a sweet, fulfilled feeling at the end.

This story flew by so quickly. I loved Megan and Nick. They were both hurting, both afraid to trust or let their true selves show. They were careful with each other, sex-positive, vulnerably consensual, and achingly real. If anything, I wanted their story to keep going for so much longer. I had no doubt at the end that they were meant to be together, but I would have loved to be part of their world for longer.

The language is a little more course than a lot of romance - no purple prose here. It's different than the trend of dirty-talkers or the tendency to throw in the “c” word every now and then. I didn't find it offensive, but there were times I said “oh. don't see that one very often”.

This is book two in the series, but they're not connected by character or location. This book can be read as a standalone.

**These two reviews are archived on my blog: The Theory of Lieto Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment