Thursday, October 2, 2014

September 2014 End of the Month Roundup

Another very stressful month. The kids' school is doing their annual Walk A Thon next week and I've been pretty stressed trying to make sure everything happens when it's supposed to. I read a bit, cooked a bit, but I wrote almost nothing. I am plotting my November novel for NaNoWriMo, so I've really got my fingers crossed that I can focus and write hard-core for the whole month of November.

What I've Read
Welcome to Dunvegas
This was a great collection of stories. Each one was unique and about different characters, but they were all located in the same place and had elements in common. I had no trouble keeping up with what the characters were doing and although most of the stories were so short they didn't include a happily-ever-after, I was left satisfied at the end of each one. All were well-written and concise without any extraneous details that would take away from the heart of each story. I will be looking for more stories by these authors.


Captivated by Mia West
I was entranced from the very start of this story. Beautiful and raw, very sexy and sweet. It's a great story of healing and fantasy, mixed together in a perfect blend of erotic and caring. (And to be clear, this is not fantasy/paranormal. I'm just referring to the fantasy/this-would-be-creepy-in-real-life style of story.) The language was a bit more course than the romance novels I normally read; putting this book firmly in the erotica category in my mind, even if it's still based around a sweet romance. I will definitely find more stories by this author and I'll probably even read this one again.


Meeting His Match by Katee Robert

For some reason, I just had trouble getting into this one. I started and stopped it a bunch of times before I finally got through it. There was nothing “bad” in it, but it definitely didn't hold my interest very well. I finished it and was glad for the happily-ever-after, but I wasn't invested in the characters' emotional growth.

What I've Cooked
I went back to some basics: Cheese and apple soup with french bread, tortellinis for the boys, salad, etc. I also made my healthier carrot cake and tomorrow I'm having a strudel making party with my mom. We'll see if we get some good results.

What I've been Listening To
Instead of giving you a music video to watch this month (because I can't come up with a song I've been listening to either), I did it. I made a little movie, including my stress relief music. Let's see if this works. If you have ideas of other things you'd like me to video blog about, definitely tell me. I was very nervous with this one, but I did it.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you vlogging! That's some intense piano playing. You can do HOURS at a time? Wow! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete