Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Five Dates by AJ Cousins

Five Dates
by Amy Jo Cousins

This writing is just so fantastic. I love how the author has a history of making every relationship in the story wonderful and loving: the secondary characters have full personalities but they don't take over the story, the main characters don't get bogged down with minor misunderstandings. In general, everyone sees the best in each other and deals with their issues without blaming others.

The idea of hookup culture still bothers me and it came up a lot that the characters had a ton of nearly anonymous sex in the past. As a peripheral issue I just had to push it aside in my mind. But it made me a little uncomfortable that these two would jump into a sexual relationship with each other so quickly, knowing that they had been really promiscuous in the past and not really hashing out the idea of safe sex beforehand.

I honestly think this is the first m/m story I've read. For the length, it had a lot of sex, pushing it towards erotic romance, but it was a sweet story with two vulnerable and likeable characters who know how to love but just need a little push to see how perfect they are for each other.

**This review is archived on my blog: The Theory of Lieto Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment