Thursday, March 6, 2014

He Watches Me by Cynthia Sax

He Watches Me
by Cynthia Sax
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
I was pretty blown away by this book. First off, the only other Cynthia Sax book I've read is a crazy, silly, alien story, so I had no idea what to expect with this. This story is relatively short; the first book in a three part series. I'm just amazed by the ability to take a situation that would really just be strange and creepy in real life and pull out every nuance of how this exactly fits what the characters are feeling.

Anna is invisible. People don't care about her, don't touch her, and really don't even notice her. She attempts to keep it that way, but she's also lonely. Until she finds that one person that truly sees her. For this part of the story, he doesn't need to do anything else except see.

Gabriel Blaine is a billionaire. Possibly a recluse as well. But he sees Anna and accepts her for who she is. We don't really know much about him in this book, just a couple sprinkles of details here and there. But he seems rather trustworthy, in the fantasy way obviously, because in real life it would be pretty creepy.

Let's be clear that all of these situations revolve around sexuality. This is not a kinky-BDSM book, but it is voyeuristic and explicit. The things that Blaine watches are naked sexuality, not simply “I see you watering your plants” or something.

I can't wait to get the next book in this series. This one ends as they are both just starting to open up to one another. I loved how the emotions were presented in this book and it all felt very real and engrossing.


**This review is archived on my blog: The Theory of Lieto Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment