Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Amazing Spinach Salad

I keep thinking of posting this recipe, but I always convince myself - who really likes salad anyway? But maybe you've been looking for a good salad to try. Maybe you've been hoping for something a little different. Maybe you've wanted to add more salad to your life. Maybe your plain iceberg lettuce has needed a pick me up.

Well, I have the recipe for you. I'm sort of on a kick of this salad. I've been making it for myself a couple times a week. My husband has his own special salad mix, but he likes this dressing. So, use what you want and let this inspire you. Eat Salad!

First off, The Dressing
Juice about 3 lemons into a shakeable container. Pull out all the seeds and throw them away. Add a teaspoon of minced garlic, a couple sprinkles of salt, about 1/2 teaspoon of truvia, and up to a teaspoon of the herb of your choice. (I've tried once with basil and once with rosemary.) Look at how much liquid you have and add in approximately the same amount of sunflower oil (so now your liquid is doubled). Put the lid on and shake it really well. Voila. Dressing.

And my salad base contains:
About 3 large handfuls of spinach, ripped into bite size pieces.
A bunch of baby carrots
Half an avocado, cut into bite size pieces
One apple, peeled and sliced
Some parmesan flakes
Some crumbled up sweet potato chia seed tortilla chips.

I drizzle on about 3-4 tablespoons of dressing for this much salad. I recommend putting on the dressing and tossing, before you put the chips in. This much salad serves just me for lunch or dinner. As a side dish, you could probably stretch it out to 3-4 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment