Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Driving Her Crazy by Amy Andrews

Driving Her Crazy
by Amy Andrews
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:
Wounded hero, chatty insecure heroine, road trip across Australia. In this case, a recipe for awesome. I stayed up late for this book (and was cranky the next morning, obviously). It was enthralling and engaging. You can picture this being a nice, sweet romantic movie – just the right amount of adventure and sensuality with two wonderful characters.

Kent is the strong, silent type. He was injured as a photographer in a war zone and this was the first assignment he's taken since recovering. I liked that he was a good guy, generally ok with whatever, just doesn't like to talk. He and Sadie had some good, tension filled moments throughout their drive.

Sadie was really tough and seemed like a real go-getter, but had a lot of trouble trying to people-please. She has an eating problem, but it only manifests when she thinks someone will judge her for her size (in this case, an ex-boyfriend). Kent was able to convince her that she was beautiful just the way she was and it was quite an “awww” moment as she finally saw herself through his eyes. It was great to see her gain some confidence and go after what she wanted.

I love the Australian setting. All of the differing landscape, phrases, and foods were really fun for me to read about and twitter was great for the rogue phrase that I couldn't figure out. Where else will you learn about a jolly jumbuck?!


I was a little so-so on the ending. I wasn't really sure that Kent groveled enough for my liking and he did some stuff that was a little douchy, but Sadie was willing to forgive him so I forgave him too. This was a story filled with sexual tension, but very mild on the heat scale. It's a great comfort read and one that I'll probably read again when I have a free afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment